Happiness is a direction, not a place !Sydney J. Harris
Happiness is interesting. It is different and personal to everyone. My relationship with happiness has changed completely in the past few years since I’ve learned that am the only one responsible for it. No one is going to make sure that you are happy all the time. Moreover, putting such a burden on another person is unrealistic and unfair.
Happiness is a choice you make every day. It is thinking positively and building healthy habits that lead to a happy life.
Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.Dalai Lama XIV
In other words, you don’t find happiness, you create it!
Therefore, I decided to take you a little bit into my world and make a list of all the little things that make my life happy!
100 Things that make life happier :
1. Freshly brewed coffee in the morning
2. Smiling at myself in the mirror
3. Buying books
4. Smelling new books
5. Ice-cream (coconut ice- cream YUM!)
6. Seeing beautiful green trees
8. Hearing my favorite song on the radio
9. New/ fresh bedsheets
10. Re-watching my favorite movies
11. Deep conversations with people I care about
12. Rainy days
13. The sound of rain on my windows
14. The smell of earth after rain.
15. Finding a good quote
16. Taking a selfie that turns out beautiful from the first try
17. Waking up relaxed after a good night sleep
18. Having time for myself after an exhausting week
19. Meeting my best friends
2.0. cold water on a hot sunny day
21. Cute cat videos
22. Being recognized by the barista in my favorite coffee shop
23. Watching Sunsets!
24. Wearing a new headscarf
25. Waking up in the middle of the night and realizing still have time to sleep
26. Buying a new ring
27. Receiving a message from a friend I haven’t heard from a while
28. a mesmerizing poem
29. Receiving an honest compliment
30. Seeing children smile/ laugh
31. Cloudy skies
32. a perfect spring day
33. Strangers smiling at me
34. Wearing new PJs
35. The feeling I get after finishing a really good workout
37. Cold watermelon
38. Meeting my best friends
39. Newborn kittens
40. Funny jokes
41. Baby’s smiles
42. Ripe avocadoes!
43. Listening to birds singing early in the morning
44. Going through old memories/ pictures
45. A day free of to-do lists and running errands
46. getting my phone fully charged
47. Finding money in unexpected places
48. A clean organized house/room
49. Taking a shower after a long day
50. The smell of a new shampoo/soap
51. Looking at the sky on a clear day
52. The smell of citrus fruit
53. Realizing that I brought everything you need from the supermarket
54. Having lunch with my family
55. Listening to an interesting podcast/ Ted Talks
56. Good quality bread.. especially when it is freshly baked coming out of the oven.
57. Finding an interesting person to follow on Instagram or Facebook
58. Realizing I’ve eaten healthy nutritious meals throughout the day
59. Finding the perfect shade of lipstick
61. Jelly Beans.. red ones in particular
62. The first page of a new notebook
63. Seeing mom smiling or laughing
64. Teaching my dad something new about his phone
65. My nephew 🙂
66. Getting a new hair cut
67. Fruit stands
68. Re-watching my favorite episodes of Friends! ( I laugh at the same jokes every time LOL)
70. Realizing that my pupils have really understood the lesson
71. Stars on clear nights
73. Unique bookmarks
72. Streets full of pretty lights
74. Reading for a good amount of time
75. Taking a drive to think about things
76. Being tagged in a post by a friend or family member that reminded them of me
77. Helping a co-worker with something they are stressed about
78. Being asked “ how are you doing?” by someone who really cares about you
79. Someone playing with my hair/ receiving a 5-minute massage
80. Feeding my cat and spending some time with her.
82. Fixing something that has been broken for a while
83. Cool breeze on hot days
84. Peaceful walks
85. Buying flowers
86. Seeing older couples taking care of each other
87. Unexpected gifts
90. Dressing up and feeling glamorous
88. Cute teacups!
91. Anything in the color blue
94. Laughing hard until tears pop!
95. Nights with a full moon
96. When I see something that reminds me of a book I read
97. Parking my car right beside the entrance
98. Going out with my sisters
99. Receiving hand-written cards/letters
100. Technology ( that made our lives easier!)
I hope that reading the list brought you some joy and put a smile on your face!
What little things make your life happy?
Tell me in the comments!
Until next time, be kind to yourself!